Welcome moon lovers! Rosh Chodesh gatherings are a Jewish spin on your typical Western new moon circle. Rosh Chodesh marks the beginning of the new month in the Hebrew calendar, which starts with the new moon. Traditionally, Rosh Chodesh was a space for women/menstruating folks to gather together, connect, and learn from one another.
At our Rosh Chodesh (or RoCho, for short) gatherings, we discuss the spiritual energies of the upcoming month and its holidays, meditate, move mindfully, and share our wisdom with each other. All gender identities are welcome!
This program is open to the public - not just members of Congregation T'chiyah!
Upcoming Rosh Chodesh gatherings:
Please note that due to the nature of the lunar/Hebrew calendar, we meet on different days of the week and do not always meet on actual Rosh Chodesh. Generally, we do not meet on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. As of right now, all gatherings will be virtual on Zoom. If/when we are able to have in-person gatherings, we will let you know!
- Rosh Chodesh Tevet: Thursday, December 2, 8 PM ET [during Chanukah]
- Rosh Chodesh Shvat: Thursday, December 30, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Adar 1: Monday, January 31, 2022, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Adar 2: Tuesday, March 1, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Nissan: Tuesday, March 29, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Iyar: Thursday, April 28, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Sivan: Tuesday, May 31, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Tammuz: Thursday, June 30, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Av: Sunday, July 31, 8 PM ET
- Rosh Chodesh Elul: Thursday, August 25, 8 PM ET