Welcome moon lovers! Rosh Chodesh gatherings are a Jewish spin on your typical Western new moon circle. Rosh Chodesh marks the beginning of the new month in the Hebrew calendar, which starts with the new moon. Traditionally, Rosh Chodesh was a space for women/menstruating folks to gather together, connect, and learn from one another.
At our Rosh Chodesh (or RoCho, for short) gatherings, we discuss the spiritual energies of the upcoming month and its holidays, meditate, move mindfully, and share our wisdom with each other.
This program is open to members of the public (not just members of Congregation T'chiyah!) who identify as women or non-binary.
Upcoming Rosh Chodesh gatherings for 2022/23 (5783):
Please note that due to the nature of the lunar/Hebrew calendar, we meet on different days of the week and do not always meet on actual Rosh Chodesh.
- Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan - Monday, October 24 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Kislev - Monday, November 21 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Tevet - Thursday, December 22 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Shvat - Monday, January 23 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Adar - Tuesday, February 21 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Nisan - Thursday, March 23 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Iyar - Thursday, April 20 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Sivan - Friday, May 19 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Tammuz - Tuesday, June 20 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Av - Tuesday, July 18 at 7:00 ET
- Rosh Chodesh Elul - Thursday, August 17 at 7:00 ET